Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Houston, Seriously? That Often?


Wow! Houston, Texas! This is a highway intersection with flood depth gauges. I mean, WOW! It happens so often ... ya have to put the permanent depth gauge on the bridge wall? I figured that maybe you would take the height charts from the doors of the local 7-11's and just use them for the swimming season ... but evidently it's required year round. That isn't rain for sure ... that is an act of God. I figure this has to be hurricane season flood dangers that we in the corn belt know nothing about. If I was in the Gulf of Mexico region during a hurricane I would probably drive as far north as I could ... but the photographer in me would surely cause me to do something stupid. Either way, I am impressed with your gauges. Do any of you bloggies have flood stories to attach to this kind of photo?