Well, folks ... this trip is at the half way point. I have driven approxiately 1400 miles in Northern California. I have seen incredible rugged beauty here. In an hour or so I will be heading for Reno, Nevada. I will take a drive around Lake Taho on the way. This coming week I will be heading out towards Elko, NV before returning to Sacramento for the flight home. So there are still many miles ahead of me. It has been hot ... but I gotta tell ya ... 96 out here ain't that hot! If you don't believe me ... come visit Northern Illinois when it's 84 and humid. Many people must think I am crazy out here walking along the roads with my camera in full sun. It really feels nice to me.
Oh, I know ... it's that dry heat!
I had another really cool opportunity while rushing to the McArthur-Burney Falls. Remember that TV show CHiPs? Well, I gotta to meet one of them personally! Is that cool or what? Very nice officer that turned on the lights for me and everything! Gave me a souvenir proving our meeting together. Me being me ... you know I asked if I could get a quick photo of just the two of us by the squad car. I even asked if I could sit in the back for a quick snap. Well, ya can't get everything ... but she did give me some tips on driving if I did not want the souvenirs on next time I saw an adjunct member of the CHiPs cast.
Note: If you don't know ... CHiPs is what they call the California Highway Patrol.